Sunday, March 25, 2012

Update Part II from the World's Worst Blogger

We went to San Diego in the beginning of November because the kids had a long weekend from school. We left for San Diego from the East Coast on Friday and went back on Tuesday afternoon.

Everything went fine. The kids loved San Diego. Garin's driver picked us up at the hotel and we went to the clinic in Tijuana. It doesn't take long to get there, maybe 35 minutes from downtown San Diego. I met with Dr. Llamas to go over my son's medical history and how my daughter and I had been doing. Then my husband met with him to discuss his own history.

I had discussed with Garin that my daughter and I could get topped off since we would be there and we had very low amounts of hookworm to start with. He agreed this was a good idea, so we went ahead and did it.

I told my son he was getting a "Magic Bandaid" and it would be his ticket to Legoland. A neurotypical kid would have no issues with getting the bandaid with hookworm larvae applied. It's just somewhat itchy on and off, you keep it on for four hours and you're done. My son is not neurotypical, he could barely stand to ever have a band-aid on because of his sensory issues and does things like ripping IV lines out. But apparently Legoland is a powerful inducement. He was very itchy on and off for the first hour but he did fine.

Garin's driver took us back to our hotel and we had another great three days in San Diego. We went to Legoland with friends, loved eating breakfast at the Broken Yolk in the Gaslamp, saw the aircraft carrier Midway and had a fantastic time. Little did we know even better things were to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment