Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011, going on the sixth week since inoculation

and I think I've definitely got a touch of the Worm Flu definitely now. Nothing terrible -- more tired and my abdomen has this diffuse pain across it. It comes and goes. It's not unbearable or anything, just noticeable. The pain is what I'd describe as little bursts of intense sensation, almost like sparks of pain, particularly in spots across the underside of my diaphragm. There's a tender spot near my liver and another one on my left side, a little lower. Most of the time I'm not aware of it at all.

I'm still seeing a lot of overall improvement in my physical condition. The biggest one has been how much the swelling all over my body has gone down. It's really remarkable, especially since I didn't even realize before how bad it was, except in my ankles and wrists. My face looks much thinner and I can see and feel bony structures in it I never perceived as being there.

My little girl is not complaining of pain, but she seems grumpier than she's been in the last month and it's been hard for her to fall asleep. This is still an improvement over what her life was like on a daily basis, though. Her anxiety is still significantly lower. It makes a big difference in what our lives are like on a day to day basis.

Another pieces of great news for me has been that my extreme heat intolerance is gone. I learned this last Friday, when the heat index was a crazy 125°F where I live, hotter than I've ever experienced in my life. In Washington, DC, I had to walk about eleven blocks to and from where I'd parked my car and when I got to my destination, I was certainly very warm, but I wasn't about to collapse by any means. Previous summers, I have been extremely miserable in the heat. I used to tend to not perspire at all and now I was perspiring. I take this as an indication that my adrenal glands are doing much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment